- College Admissions Workshops
- Grades 8-12
- YSI staff members facilitate all-day workshops to help students and families navigate the college application and career selection processes. These free workshops include presentations on college admissions requirements, financial aid and scholarship opportunities and career planning strategies. Parents are encouraged to attend. Registration is required. Refreshments are served.
- Next workshop: April 26, 2017
- Edward W. Bullock Career Speaker Series
Grade 8-12: Middle and high school students and their parents attend a speaker series designed to expose students to various careers in an interactive setting. Students also receive career planning strategies. Refreshments are served.
- Next speaker series: April 26, 2017
- College Tours
Grades 6-12: YSI staff members and members of the community chaperone middle and high school students on college and university visits. Students enjoy campus tours, presentations from admissions office personnel and conversing with current college students. Tour dates vary based on college or university schedules.
Next tour(s): April 17, 2017
- Pre-STEM Seminar (Science Technology Engineering & Math)
Grades 5-8: The Pre-STEM Seminar exposes local middle school students to the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). College students and career professionals facilitate math and science learning activities. Students will also enjoy conducting experiments and other hands-on activities. The program meets the 2nd and 4th Saturdays from February to May, 10:00a.m. – 12:00p.m.
Next Seminars (Feb/Mar) Wilmouth Elmes, Associate Vice President of Engineering at Columbia University and graduate students at Princeton University Open Lab.
Ages 3-5: This ten-month program provides district pre-school children an opportunity to prepare for a successful kindergarten experience. Certified instructors use Creative Curriculum to teach children in a safe and nurturing environment. Students benefit from small class sizes and exciting activities. There is no cost to Trenton families.
First day of school: September 7, 2016
- Reading Adventures with the Deltas
Grades 1-5: The sorors of the Trenton Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. help encourage local youth to appreciate the power of reading. The sorors facilitate a variety of interesting reading activities to engage the participants. The program is held the first Saturday of every month (Oct-June) from 10:00a.m. -12:00p.m.
Next Adventure: 1st Saturday of February 2017 (2/4/17)
- S.A.T./ACT Preparation Course
Grades 9-12: Skilled instructors provide content instruction and test taking strategies for the SAT I. This six-week course meets after school from 5:00p.m.-8:00p.m. and some Saturdays from 9:00a.m.-1:00p.m. It is offered in the fall, winter and spring for the November, March and June administrations, respectively.
- Next course:
- Summer Enrichment Program
Grades K-12: The YSI Summer Enrichment Program provides academic instruction in various subjects, such as language arts, mathematics and science. Recreational and cultural activities are provided each day as well as weekly field trips depending on the grade level and program offering.
- Program start date: Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring Program
Volunteer tutors from local colleges and the local professional community provide instructional sessions each week. All tutoring matches are made by appointment scheduled during the academic calendar year. Tutoring takes place from October to December; then January to May on Tuesdays and Thursday from 5:00p.m. – 6:30p.m. and on Saturdays 10:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
Spring semester begins January 24, 2017